If like me you like creme brulee desserts, I can guarantee you that you like this recipe. It’s easy: You have to prepare a coffee latte and sprinkle it with brown sugar before caramelizing with a torch. You will get a café latte with a layer of caramel on the surface that will give, by mixing, caramelized aromas to your coffee.
Table of contents (Table des matières)
Ingredients and material:
- Whole milk
- Brown sugar
- Coffee machine with a steam nozzle (or failing to have a steam nozzle, use an electric milk frother).
- Kitchen torch or lack a DIY torch.
- Coffee cup latte (prefer a rather large cup), spoon.
The recipe :
- Prepare a coffee latte as usual:
- Roll out your espresso and froth the milk.
- Gently add the frothed milk to your espresso.
- Sprinkle the coffee latte with brown sugar. Be careful not to put too much because otherwise the taste of caramel will crush the coffee. The idea is to cover with a thin layer of sugar the froth of milk overlooking your coffee.
- Light your torch and caramelize the brown sugar as if it were a creme brulee.
During the tasting, I break the caramel with a spoon. This operation allows me to catch both coffee, milk froth and caramel. Together, it feels like eating a cake.
Another peculiarity, a little caramel will melt and add aromas to your coffee. This mixture is a delight.
This recipe is still calorific, be careful not to overdo it :). I do not know if this preparation tastes good with vegetable milk, I have never tried. If you do, feel free to comment, readers and I would be interested.
You will find my other coffee recipes here.