Coffee recipe: Crinkles will accompany your coffee
In search of recipes for cakes that can accompany my coffee, I discovered the crinkles: Chocolate cupcakes. They are cracked above, covered with icing sugar and despite their small sizes, they are not dry by being melting inside.
The origins of this recipe seem to come from the mid-20th century of the House of Helen Fredell of St. Paul Minnesota. If you want to know more about the origins of this recipe, I invite you to consult this source.
Table of contents (Table des matières)
The preparation is quick however, take into consideration that they must be left two hours in the refrigerator to harden the dough and be able to work it.
Ingredients for 30 Crinkles:
- 200 g Chocolate
- 50 g of butter
- 2 eggs
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 190 g flour
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Ice sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bain-marie
- Beat the eggs and sugar together. Add chocolate and melted butter to this preparation.
- Add flour, yeast and salt to the mix
- Place the dough two hours in the refrigerator until hardening. This step is necessary to allow to make pretty balls
- Preheat oven to 180 °c.
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator and form balls the size of a walnut. Completely cover with icing sugar each ball.
- Bake 10 minutes at 180 °c
- Let the crinkles cool down